Time for a shed update as its build has moved along enough to start building the south facing greenhouse on it’s side. I’m not building your typical allotment shed here, it’s triangular in shape located on a corner of my plot so that the greenhouse lies along it’s long side. Also being that the walls were initially built from old pallets it’s walls can be filled with old insulation as I acquire it to winterize it to help the greenhouse stay warmer. Well that’s the theory, I won’t know if it all comes together and works till winter. So far I’ve now skinned the two out side walls (that won’t be inside the greenhouse) with 8mm OCB to do a better job of water proofing it.
All wood is painted with cheap shed / fence paint.
I also skinned the roof with 8mm OCB too.
To waterproof the roof further I gave it a coat of bitumen paint.
Finally I put up some guttering around the 2 short outside wall so I can finally capture some water and start filling my water butt.
At a glance the roof looks flat but I did design it with a slight angle sloping down from the long side to help water run off into the guttering and avoid too much water pooling. I didn’t trim the vertical posts because eventually I’ll hang some bird feeders on them for winter.
Before autumn the roof will get a second coat of bitumen paint. To fully water proof the outside walls I used some sealant to fill some gaps between the roof and walls before I gave the roof it’s first coat of bitumen paint. Today I’m going to finally make a start on the greenhouse base.